Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ezequias Macedo - Filadelfia, Brazil

In August 2008, I had the incredible experience of teaching a radio seminar to an indigenous group in northwest Brazil. A co-worker was just there last week and sent this note and picture today.

Carlos says: I participated in a meeting of indigenous leaders in the Yavari Valley in Brazil. The first day, I saw some tables being set up on which some portable computers, speakers and a sound console were placed.

Later, when the meeting started, I asked myself, "Who's going to be in charge of the technical aspects?" Then I observed a young indigenous man with his laptop. He was the youngest of all the group. I went up to him and saw that he was using an audio editing program for preparing radio programs.

I asked his name and where he had been trained. His answer was "My name is Ezequias Macedo and I was trained by Allen Graham of Radio HCJB."

Carlos finished his note by saying: I suspected as much. It's good to see one of your students in action.

Thanks to your donations and prayers for making it possible to train Ezequias and many others. And thanks for letting me share this story. You're awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment