Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Photo a Day!

Wow! It's been a long while since I've been here on the blog. Using Facebook quite a bit, but I can't say as much there as I would like! A missionary colleague (Nick Johnson) shared a great idea the other day and I want to put it into action, at least on the days that I have access to the Internet!

The idea is to share a photo a day. Now Nick's a photography hobbyist and I'm sure has some really cool cameras. I use a simple automatic camera designed for radio people! So don't expect high quality oooooohhhhh aaaaaahhhhhh type photos. In fact my first photo to share with you didn't even come from my camera! Still, I hope you will enjoy seeing a bit of my life and those that surround me in pictures.

To start off this new venture, I would like to introduce you to Jaime Sotamba. Jaime's an amazing young man. He graduated high school on January 19. I've had the incredible blessing of being able to help with his school studies since at least the sixth grade if not a year or two before. His father died when he was 7 years old. His mom has lived in Spain for about the last 9 years. His grandmother has cared and provided for Jaime, his older sister Karen and one of his younger brothers since the mother left. Mom comes back now and then to visit and bring them presents. She has a total of four children by four different men. I finally got to meet her. Frankly, I'm still not sure what to think except to say that if anyone really needed to know Jesus, it's her. And I really thank God for grandma!

Jaime had a whole lot of reasons to give up, but he didn't. In fact, he excelled! He was class valedictorian! To say that I am proud of him is an huge understatement. God has done a great work in this young man and will continue to do so. Here we are at his graduation. There are even more photos on Facebook if you want to check them out.

Thanks for praying for Jaime as he makes decisions for his future studies and career. And thanks for letting me tell you about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment